- Supervises and further develops the application of evidence-based medicine searching skills and new information technology.
- Analyzes and assesses a variety of library services and resources.
- Oversees the collection development practices of the library.
- Supervises the education services offered to the community by the library.
- 2013-2014: Instructor, Lebanese University, Faculty of Information and Documentation, Fanar.
- 1998-2011: Head of Reference Department, LAU Byblos Library.
- 2002-2008: LRT Instructor, LAU Byblos Campus.
- 1998-2006: Head of Interlibrary Loans/Document Delivery Services, LAU Byblos Library.
- 1987-1995: Cataloguer, LAU Byblos Library.
- Master of Research (M.Res.), Library, Archive and Information Studies, University College London (UCL), London, Great Britain (1997).
- B.A., Library and Information Science, Lebanese University, Faculty of Information and Documentation, Beirut, Lebanon (1987).
- Advanced Searching Techniques and Advanced Strategy Design, 2015.
- Emerging Technologies for Librarian, 2010.
- Screen Casting: Creating Online Tutorials, 2010.
- On the job training at the Johns Hopkins University/Welch Medical Library and at the Houston Academy of Medicine/Texas Medical Center Library, 2010.
- Dig Deeper with Social Media: Web Collaboration Tools, 2009.
- Evidence-Based Medicine and the Medical Librarian, 2009.
- Electronic Collection Development for Health and Medicine E-Libraries, 2007.
- Cunningham Memorial International Fellowship Award, MLA, 2010.
Presentations and Publications
- Click, A., Stopel, M., Alam, M.T., Kreidieh, S., Flanagan, D., Foster, N.F., & Ray, K. (2012). Studying students across borders: An ethnographic study of research behavior. International Journal of Library Science, 5(1), 1-13.
- Panel Discussion on Ethnographic Study, w/Kathy Ray & Daphne Flanagan (AUS), Amanda Bennett & Jayme Spencer (AUC), and Michael Stoepel (AUP), at the 7th Annual AMICAL Meeting, 2010.
- “LAU’s Digital Reference Service,” w/Said Kreidieh, Lebanese Library Association, 2005.
- “Live Digital Reference Service,” w/Cendrella Habre, at Digital Library Services with Special Concentration on DL Services workshop, 2004.
Memberships and offices held
- LAU Libraries Web Committee, Chair, 2014-Present.
- Medical Library Association (MLA), 2009‐Present
- American Library Association (ALA), 2001‐Present
- Lebanese Library Association (LLA), 2001‐Present