Gihade El Azze Costantine
- Provides leadership and direction for the Acquisitions Department.
- Oversees the overall functioning of the department (including ordering, receiving, invoice processing, approval, and materials processing).
- Assists Faculty members in the selection of titles and contributes to the Collection Development.
- Assisting faculty members in the selection of titles.
- Acquires materials from individuals or organizations that have special books or collections for exchange, donations, or loan.
- Communicates with vendors about delivery dates and discount rates on acquisitions.
- Assists the Library Director with development of new policies, procedures, and operational processes, the preparation of reports, and the introduction of new technologies.
- Senior Acquisitions Librarian, Oct. 2012-
- Head of Acquisitions Department 1993-2012
- Senior Cataloguer, 1992-1995
- Technical Services Coordinator, 1989-1992
- Cataloguer, 1987-1989
- M.Sc. in Economic Management of Library and Information Services, University of Wales/Aberystwyth - Department of Information and Library Studies,2002.
- B.A. in Library and Information Science, Lebanese University, Faculty of Information and Documentation, Beirut, Lebanon 1987.
Conferences and workshops attended
- Future Libraries: Infinite Possibilities, 79th IFLA General Conference and Assembly, Singapore, August 2013.
- The Changing Face of Libraries: Inspiration, Transformation and Innovation, LLA, Beirut, April 2012
- Knowledge Assets Management Services, LLA and Arabian Advanced Systems, Beirut, June 2011
- e-Content: Collecting, Managing, Promoting, Teaching, AMICAL 8th annual meeting & conference, Beirut, April 2011
- المكتبة الرقمية العربية , AFLI conference, Beirut, October 2010
- Web archiving: Practical applications, AFLI, Beirut, April 2010
- Reading in Digital age, LLA, UNESCO Palace, April 2010
- The GLAM sector: Finding common ground for shared opportunities, LLA, Beirut, February 2010
- Web of Science and Journal Citation Reports, The Thomson Reuters and Levant Distributors, Beirut, November 2009
- Strategic, Methodological and Practical Issues for Digital Library Development in the Arab States, IFLA/ASIA and Oceania Section & LLA, Beirut, April 2009
- ALA “American Library Association’s 2008 Annual Conference and Exhibition”, Anaheim, California, June, 2008
- إدارة المعلومات في البيئة الرقمية، المعارف والكفاءات والجودة , , AFLI, Beirut, Oct./Nov. 2002
Memberships and offices held
- Lebanese Library Association (LLA), 2001-
- American Library Association (ALA), 2007-
- Member of the Web committee, 2014-
- Member of the Assessment Committee, 2014-
Gihade El Azze Costantine
Senior Acquisitions Librarian
Lebanese American University
Byblos Campus Library
Science Building, fl. 2