3. Open Access (OA) Policy Articles and thesis. Posted Material consists of scholarly articles and students thesis. You may use, reproduce, distribute, and display the open access Articles and the open access thesis for:
a. personal study;
b. teaching (including distribution of copies to students and use in course packs and courseware programs);
c. research and scholarship (including computational research uses such as data-mining and text-mining); and
d. provision of value-added services (including full-text searching, cross-referencing, and citation extraction);
provided in each case that:
i. you will not sell or charge for any OA Article (whether or not any profit is involved) and will not sell advertising on the same page as any OA Article;
iii. if you make an OA Article available online, you will use reasonable efforts both to cite to the publisher’s definitive version of the article if it has been published, and to provide a link to the publisher’s version if it is available on-line;
iv. you may not use a facsimile of the published version of an article under these open access terms, unless the publisher so permits and that version has been made available as an OA Article on the Site;
4. Other Posted Material. Posted Material other than OA Articles (“Other Posted Material”) is made available on the Site at the direction of authors according to their understanding of their rights in that material. You may download and use Other Posted Material in any manner not prohibited by copyright or other applicable law. Although we do not grant you any rights in Other Posted Material, authors in some cases may allow additional uses of certain Other Posted Material.
6. Article Metadata. Some of the Content on this Site consists of bibliographic data relating to Posted Material. With the exception of abstracts of Posted Material, the bibliographic metadata made available through the access mechanisms described at http://libraries.lau.edu.lb/files/rules-regulations.pdf are referred to herein as the “Metadata.” LAU makes the Metadata available subject to the CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain designation:
lthough LAU does not impose any legally binding conditions on access to the Metadata, LAU requests that you act in accordance with the following rules of the LAU Libraries with respect to the Metadata:
· First, LAU requests that LAU libraries be given attribution as a source of the Metadata, to the extent it is technologically feasible to do so.
· Second, LAU requests that you make the Metadata and any improvements thereto freely available on the same terms as LAU has done, i.e., without claiming any legal right in, or imposing any legally binding conditions on access to, the Metadata or your improvements, and with a request to act in accordance with these rules.
7. Other Content. Content on the Site other than Posted Material and Metadata is made available only for your personal, noncommercial use. You may not retransmit, publish, distribute, display or otherwise make available any such Content to others, except as we may otherwise expressly allow, and except for the notices and other information accompanying Posted Material, which you may make available when you have the right to make the related Posted Material available.
9. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SITE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE) REGARDING THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OWNERSHIP, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, SUFFICIENCY OR QUALITY OF THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, NOR THAT ANY PARTICULAR CONTENT WILL CONTINUE TO BE MADE AVAILABLE. WE DO NOT APPROVE OR ENDORSE ANY POSTED MATERIAL OR CONTENT PROVIDED BY OTHERS, INCLUDING LAU AUTHORS. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL OPERATE WITHOUT ERROR OR INTERRUPTION, OR THAT THE SITE OR ITS SERVER ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MATERIALS.
10. Limitations of Liability and Remedies. WE MAKE THE SITE AND THE CONTENT AVAILABLE FREE OF CHARGE. YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND THE CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN SOLE RISK. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU, IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, OR YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, OR ANY THIRD PARTY RIGHTS IN THE CONTENT, EVEN IF THE SITE OR CONTENT IS DEFECTIVE OR WE ARE NEGLIGENT OR OTHERWISE AT FAULT, AND REGARDLESS WHETHER WE ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
12. Submissions to LAUR. We have additional requirements and procedures that apply to authors and others who submit articles or other material to the LAUR for posting on the Site, and any such submission must be made in accordance with those requirements and procedures.
13. Links to Other Sites. Links on the Site to third-party websites are provided solely as a convenience to you. We do not approve or endorse the content of linked third-party sites, and you agree that we will have no responsibility or liability in connection with your use of any linked third-party sites.
15. Copyright Complaints. We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe your copyright has been violated on the Site, please notify us.