If you can’t find the answer to your question in these FAQs, contact us.
What are the Libraries’ opening hours?
Please check the LAU Libraries’ opening hours.
Who may use the Library?
LAU students, faculty and staff with valid identification may use the library. Alumni, guests and friends of the library are welcome with appropriate identification. For further details, click here.
What can I borrow?
- Books, CDs, DVDs, videos, and e-book readers (Kindle and Sony-Readers) may be checked out by students, faculty and staff according to set rules and regulations.
- Laptops and iPads may be borrowed by students only, for 2 hours inside Library premises renewable twice.
- Calculators may be borrowed for 4 hours by students only.
- Magazines, journals and newspapers may be borrowed by full-time faculty and staff only.
If the material I want is in another LAU campus, do I need to go to that campus?
No. The LAU Libraries provide an inter-campus borrowing service.
Can I buy books at the library?
No, you can’t. However, the LAU Libraries organize a Book Exchange Day at the beginning of each semester, during which students exchange books among themselves.
How can I obtain material that is not available at the LAU Libraries?
You can get it through the Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery Services (ILL/DDS).
How can I get help?
- Researching a topic: you may ask for assistance in person at the Reference Desk by filling out this form.
- Formatting a bibliographic citation: check out the Research Guides, or ask the Reference Librarians at the Reference Desk.
- Other: ask any librarian at the Circulation Desk .
How can I get assistance in preparing and submitting my thesis?
Check the Theses Guidelines.
Is there a Group Study Room in the Library?
The LAU Libraries provide Group Study Rooms (GSR) to current LAU students upon reservation. There are three rooms at the Riyad Nassar Library, two at the Byblos Library, and one at the Health Sciences Library. Please check the GSR website for further details.
Whom do I contact to answer any questions I might have?