If you can’t find the answer to your question in these FAQs, contact us.
What are the Libraries’ opening hours?
Please check the LAU Libraries’ opening hours.
Who may use the Library?
LAU students, faculty and staff with valid identification may use the library. Alumni, guests and friends of the library are welcome with appropriate identification.
Click here for further details.
What can I borrow?
- Books, CDs, DVDs, and videos may be checked out by students, faculty and staff according to set rules and regulations.
- Laptops and iPads may be borrowed by students only inside the Library for 2 hours, renewable twice.
- Calculators may be borrowed by students only for 4 hours.
- Magazines, journals and newspapers may be borrowed by full-time faculty and staff only.
If the material I want is in another LAU campus, do I have to go to that campus?
No you don’t have to. LAU Libraries provide an inter-campus borrowing service.
How can I obtain material that is not available at LAU Libraries?
You can get it through the Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery Services (ILL/DDS) by submitting a request form.
Can I buy books at the library?
No, you can’t. However, LAU Libraries organize a Book Exchange Day at the beginning of each semester, during which students exchange books among themselves.
How can I get help?
- Researching a topic: you may ask the Reference Librarian in person at the Reference Desk, book a research consultation by filling out this form, get online assistance via the Chatting service, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Formatting a bibliographic citation: check out the Research Guides, ask the Reference Librarian in person at the Reference Desk, get online assistance via the Chatting service, or contact email@example.com .
- Other query: ask any librarian at the Circulation Desk , get online assistance via the Chatting or WhatsApp services, or check the Research Guides.
How can I get assistance in preparing and submitting my thesis?
Check the Theses Guidelines.
Is there a Group Study Room in the Library?
LAU Libraries provide Group Study Rooms (GSR) to current LAU students upon reservation. There are 5 rooms at Riyad Nassar Library (RNL), 11 at Byblos Library, and 3 at Health Sciences Library (HSL).
Check the GSR website to book a group study room.
Whom do I contact to answer any questions I might have?