- Managing electronic resources, including: Requesting trials; studying and analyzing proposals received from different vendors for proper selection; reviewing publisher’s licenses and business models; processing invoices; generating usage statistics; evaluating electronic resources renewals and/or cancellations, etc.
- Giving presentations and training sessions to the LAU community on the newly added electronic resources.
- Coordinating and preparing vendors training sessions for the newly acquired electronic resources.
- 2006-2008: Instructor, “Learning Resources Techniques” course, LAU, Beirut.
- 2004-2005: Instructor/Head, Information Systems Dept., Notre Dame University, Lebanon.
- 2003-2004: Instructor/Acting Director of the University Libraries, Notre Dame University, Lebanon.
- 2001-2003: Instructor/Head, Serials and Automation Depts., Notre Dame University, Lebanon.
- 1999-2001: Business Consultant, Library Management & Archiving, Logos s.a.r.l., Lebanon.
- 1992-1998: Assistant to the Ambassador, Libyan Embassy, France.
- 1983-1990: Librarian, Centre d’Études et de Documentation Economiques, Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Lebanon.
- MSc. Econ., Masters in Management of Library and Information Services, University of Wales, Aberystwyth, England (2004).
- Masters in History (D.F.A.P.), Université de Paris IV La Sorbonne, Paris, France (1997).
- B.S., Library Science. Lebanese University, Faculty of Information and Documentation, Beirut, Lebanon (1983).
Presentations and Publications
- “Academic library consortia with examples from the Arab World”, MELCOM 25th Conference, Beirut, Lebanon. May 2003.
- “Impressions of ALA Annual. Ed. R. M. Banner. International Leads: A Publication of the International Relations Round Table of the ALA.” 22 (2008). Retrieved July 13, 2010, from <http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/rts/irrt/intlleads/leadsarchive/200809.pdf>.
- “Introduction to ZPORTAL.” LAU Libraries. Retrieved July 13, 2010, from <www.lau.edu.lb/libraries/Introduction_to_ZPortalFeb.2010.ppt>.
- “LALC: A successful challenge,” eIFL Collaborative Management of Electronic Resources Workshop, Cairo, Egypt. 2005.
- “LALC: One more time,” Special Library Association, Arabian Gulf Chapter: Pre-conference workshop, Doha. 2008.
- “Online Public Access Catalog OPAC (WebView),” LAU Libraries. Retrieved July 13, 2010, from <www.lau.edu.lb/libraries/Introduction to_OPAC_June%202010.ppt>.
- “Reflections on the MENA LAB 2010,” Springer Library Advisory Board, member’s corner. 2010. Retrieved July 13, 2010, from <http://www.springer.com/librarians/library+advisory+board+member+page?SGWID=5-150202-12-744206-0>.
- “Riyad Nassar Library: a library for the future,” Presented at American Library Association Annual Conference, Anaheim, CA. 2008.
- “Technology and Libraries: RFID vs. Barcodes,” MELCOM 27th Conference, Alexandria, Egypt. May 2005.
- “The role of consortia in academic libraries: A case study of the Lebanese Academic Library Consortium (LALC),” Thesis, University of Wales, 2003.
- نحن وكلمات العصر. نشرة جمعيت المكتباث اللبنانيت. مج 7 ع. 2 شتاء (8-4)2000/1999
Memberships and offices held
- Country coordinator (Lebanon) in the Electronic Information For Libraries eIFL, 2004–Present.
- Contact person for LALC in the International Coalition of Library Consortia (ICOLC), 2002–Present.
- Lebanese Academic Library Consortium (LALC), Founding Member (since 2001) and Chair, 2007–Present.
- Lebanese Library Association, Member, 1998–Present.
- OLIB User Group, Member, 2000–Present.
- Member of AMICAL e-resources committee, 2006–Present.